PROFESSIONAL LAND SURVEYOR
LEE Chamberlin Consultant Engineers, PLLC has an immediate need for an experienced Professional Land Surveyor.
A combination of research, field work and multiple office functions will be required to ensure that the Professional Land Surveyor is in direct supervision of preparing the final land survey documents.
Responsibilities for performing as the Professional Land Surveyor for the firm:
- Perform thorough research of land records from government offices or online resources.
- Boundary calculations using fundamental survey principles and practices to establish property, R.O.W. and easement lines.
- Prepare land survey documents that may include: boundary retracement surveys, plat of surveys, ALTA Surveys, topographical surveys, easement/acquisition plats, and final plats with associated legal descriptions.
- Preparation of land survey documents to ensure they are in compliance with state and local ordinances.
- Title and abstract review.
- Understanding of coordinate systems and vertical datum’s.
- Professional Licensed Surveyor status.
Minimum 5 years’ experience in land surveying in Iowa.
Provide a wide variety of administrative support for entire operations. Composing correspondence, manage project files, compile & analyze expense, payroll and invoice data.
- Collects, compiles and analyzes data and provides summaries and observations to leadership
- Budget coordinator: Monitors, tracks, researches and processes invoices/expenses
- May participate in special projects
- Coordinates office facilities including space, lease, furniture, equipment, building, telephone system and computer/laptop tracking and maintenance
- Involved in HR activities for the department, including assisting with interview scheduling, new hire installation, office set up, organization hierarchy, time and attendance
- Orders and maintains office supplies
- Produces a variety of correspondence, reports and presentations using the appropriate software
- 3 years administrative or technical support experience
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio etc.)
- Concur, Ariba, Oracle experience
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Detail oriented & strong ability to work independently
- Problem solving skill set
The lowest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent experience.
Functional – Administration / Operations/4-6 Years
CIVIL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN
LEE Chamberlin Consultant Engineers, PLLC, is seeking a Civil Engineering Technician to join our growing team. LEE Chamberlin Consultant Engineers, PLLC is a full-service Engineering and Land Surveying firm that provides design services to a wide variety of clients, and offers a challenging and rewarding opportunity for professional growth.
Prepare drawings, documents, details, schedules or specifications using programs such as Microstation and Power Civil. Prepare construction documents and records. Operate plan and document reproduction equipment. Observes and inspects work performed by contractors ensuring compliance of specs, drawings, code and safety. Inspect construction sites for quality and report any variances. Interface with contractors, clients and other LEE Chamberlin team members in a positive & professional manner. Assist survey technicians in survey field work including operation of Trimble GPS equipment. Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree in an accredited Civil Engineering Technology program or working towards an Associate’s Degree.
- 1-5 years of experience.
- Ability to travel to various job sites and office locations.
- Demonstrated ability in the usage of programs such as Microstation.
- Able to multi-task and establish priorities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-directed and can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated track record of successful past employment
Above all else, our team members are eager to learn, have a good work ethic with integrity, be persistent and be flexible as to job responsibilities. Our environment provides a solid foundation for learning the Civil Engineering and the Land Surveying Profession and we welcome individuals who are capable and interested in being a part of our team.